Current version published: January 1, 2019
Socratyc, LLC strives to be completely transparent with how we collect and use information we gather about you on this site. Your privacy is important to us and we respect your preferences.
This Privacy Statement (“Privacy Statement”) explains how Socratyc, LLC, - Sales & Marketing Agency and Consultancy, (“Socratyc”) uses personal information (“Personal Information”) and applies to all users (“users”) who access, view, visit, download, or otherwise interact with https://Socratyc.com (the “Site”). By visiting the Site, you are accepting the practices described in this Privacy Statement. If you do not agree to the Socratyc practices, do not access, view, visit, download, or otherwise interact with the Site. If you have any questions or comments concerning Socratyc's Privacy Statement, please contact us by sending an email to contact (at) https://Socratyc.com. You can also contact Socratyc via postal mail at: Socratyc, LLC, PO Box 1014, Skippack, PA 19474.
Our Privacy Statement is organized as follows:
- Personal Information Socratyc gathers
- How Socratyc Collects Personal Information
- How Socratyc Uses Personal Information
- When and Why Socratyc Discloses Personal Information
- Tracking Technologies
- Choice and Control
- Security of Personal Information
- Privacy Practices of Third Parties
- Notice to Residents of Countries outside the United States of America
- Socratyc Blog
- Changes to this Privacy Statement
1) Personal Information Socratyc Gathers
“Personal Information” is information that can be used to identify, locate, or contact an individual. Socratyc collects the following types of Personal Information:
Contact Information. Contact Information allows Socratyc to communicate with you. Examples of Contact Information include, but are not limited to, your name, accurate postal addresses, valid email address, or other addresses at which you receive communications from or on behalf of Socratyc.
Transaction Information. Socratyc automatically receives and records some information from your browser when you visit the site, such as your IP address, cookies and data about which pages you visit on the site through the use of log files provided by our third-party tracking-utility partners. This information helps us analyze and understand how the site works for users. Information that is gathered includes, but is not limited to, information about how you interact with Socratyc, information about how you use Socratyc’s Sites, email, other communications, and applications, and how you interact with other users and Socratyc business partners.
Mobile Location Information. If you have permitted your mobile or other location-aware device to transmit location data, Socratyc collects Mobile Location.
Posted Information. If you chose to post a comment on our blog, we may collect information regarding your name and the content of your post. It is important to note that any content you post on the blog is publicly displayed and will be seen by other users of the Site.
2) How Socratyc Collects Personal Information
Socratyc prompts you to provide Personal Information (including Contact Information) when you use Socratyc or otherwise interact with the Site or contact Socratyc.
Socratyc also collects Transaction Information if and when you contact Socratyc via telephone, email, or other methods of communication.
3) How Socratyc Uses Personal Information
We may use Personal Information to enhance your user experience, to help us better understand you, to help us customize offers, blog topics, or posts that may be of interest to you, and to help us otherwise enhance the Site.
Socratyc uses Personal Information to:
- Identify and authenticate users;
- Facilitate transactions;
- Operate and improve the Site;
- Connect with you on social media (such as, but not limited to, Facebook, LinkedIn, or Twitter);
- Contact you by phone or email;
- Personalize and continually improve users’ Socratyc experience;
- Provide you with suggested information based on variables such as stated preferences, interests, business activities, and/or location;
- Send you technical notices, updates, alerts and support and administrative messages service bulletins, or marketing;
- Evaluate additional services, items, or offerings that may be of interest to users;
- Track transactions and perform other analytics;
- Communicate and provide additional information that may be of interest to you about Socratyc partners or third parties; and
4) When And Why Socratyc a Discloses Personal Information
Socratyc will not disclose your Personal Information to third parties without your explicit consent, except as specified in this Privacy statement. Socratyc will disclose your Personal Information when:
- Working with companies and service providers (such as, but not limited to, HubSpot, SalesForce.com, MailChimp, or other companies that process billing, website hosting, or analytics performance in furtherance of the purposes described in Section 3 (“Socratyc Uses Personal Information”) above.
- Socratyc employs other companies to perform tasks on Socratyc’s behalf and therefore Socratyc must share your Personal Information with these companies to provide services to you. Examples include but are not limited to processing payments, handling billing disputes and collections, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance and providing customer service. Socratyc may partner with third-party services for fraud prevention and/or identity verification.
- Enforcing Socratyc’s rights or protect Socratyc property and intellectual property;
- Protecting the rights, property or safety of others, investigate fraud, respond to a government request.
- Socratyc believes in good faith that it must disclose such information to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss.
- Socratyc a believes in good faith that it must disclose such information to commence an investigation or take action regarding illegal activities or suspected fraud.
- Socratyc believes in good faith that it must disclose such information per auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions.
- Socratyc believes in good faith that it must disclose such information to defend Socratyc in litigation or a regulatory action.
- Socratyc believes in good faith that it must disclose such information, or advised to do so by law, such as in response to a subpoena, or similar legal process, including to law enforcement agencies, regulators, and courts in the United States and other countries where we operate.
Socratyc will not sell your Personal Information to third parties unless Socratyc is in the process of entering into a merger with another business, acquisition of another business, or the sale of all or a portion of Socratyc’s assets and the information is needed to support the sale or transfer of business assets. If Socratyc is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or prominent notice on our Site of any change in ownership or uses of your Personal Information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your Personal Information before it becomes subject to a new privacy statement.
This Privacy statement only governs when and why Socratyc discloses Personal Information. This Privacy statement does not apply to the practices of third parties that Socratyc does not own or control, or individuals that Socratyc does not employ or manage. The use of your Personal Information by third parties that you access through the Site is governed by the privacy policies of such parties and is not subject to Socratyc’s control. Socratyc is not responsible for the privacy or security practices of other websites on the Internet, even those linked to or from the Socratyc Site. We encourage you to ask questions before you disclose your personal information to others.
Socratyc may disclose information about you that is not personally identifiable. For example, Socratyc may provide our partners, (such as, but not limited to, Hubspot or SalesForce.com), or other third parties with reports that contain aggregated and statistical data about Socratyc users.
5) Tracking Technologies
6) Choice And Control
While Socratyc does need to collect certain information to make your Socratyc experience personalized and to conduct transactions for you, Socratyc wants to give you the ability to control how your information is provided and shared.
- Email Preferences. For various reasons, Socratyc may contact you about our services or your activity. If you no longer wish to receive emails from Socratyc you may opt out of the email as indicated on each and every email correspondence.
- Cookies and Tracking Devices. You manage how your browser handles cookies and other tracking devices by adjusting the privacy and security settings on your browser. If accessing Socratyc by a mobile device, you may manage the information your mobile device shares, such as cookies, tracking technologies, and location information, by adjusting your mobile device privacy and security settings.
7) Security Of Personal Information
Socratyc strives to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, however, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure and therefore Socratyc cannot guarantee absolute security of your personal information. Socratyc strives to maintain a system that reasonably safeguards Personal Information.
8) Privacy Practices Of Third Parties.
This Privacy Statement describes the collection, use, and disclosure of information by Socratyc through the Site. Socratyc utilizes third parties to provide services to users and also provides links from the Site to other websites. These third parties may have their own privacy policies and may collect, use, and distribute information differently than Socratyc. Socratyc a encourages all users to read the privacy policies of all third parties.
Socratyc, LLC often administers Everything DiSC assessments by Inscape Publishing, LLC, a subsidiary of John Wiley & Sons, Inc. (Wiley).
Inscape Publishing, LLC, a subsidiary of John Wiley and Sons, Inc., is responsible for your data. Inscape can be contacted via: 400 Highway 169 South, Ste. 300 Minneapolis, MN 55426, United States.
9) Socratyc Blog
10) Changes To This Privacy Statement
Socratyc may, from time to time, in Socratyc’s sole, absolute, and unfettered discretion, update this Privacy Statement to clarify our practices or to reflect new or different privacy practices. We encourage all users to periodically review the Privacy Statement.
11) Contact Socratyc
If you have questions or suggestions, you may contact Socratyc, LLC by sending an email to hello (at) Socratyc.com.